These research databases are preselected!
Students: The 8 databases below are highly recommended, and have been preselected when you search EBSCOhost Research Databases (customized for Seabury Hall):
(Be sure to browse the other 40+ databases to see if they might be useful for your particular topic)
1. ☑ MAS Complete "Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full text for more than 540 popular, high school magazines. MAS Complete also provides more than 440 full text reference books, 85,670 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags, color PDFs and expanded full text backfiles (back to 1975) for key magazines."
2. ☑ Newspaper Source Plus- "includes more than 860 full-text newspapers, providing more than 35 million full-text articles. In addition, the database features more than 857,000 television and radio news transcripts.
3. ☑eBook Public Library Collection (EBSCOhost) This collection offers full text titles with unlimited access designed specifically for public libraries. Featuring fiction and nonfiction titles for adults and juveniles as well as containing a wide range of subjects and topics to meet patron’s research and recreational needs.
4. ☑ Academic Search Complete "Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals."
5. ☑eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) Search and view the full text of ebooks.
6. ☑Book Collection: Nonfiction "Book Collection: Nonfiction is a rich research database for school and public libraries. It contains informative abstracts and searchable full text for more than 4,100 popular nonfiction books. The database includes full text entries on core subject areas, as well as information on careers, health, sports, adventure, technology, life skills and more."
7. ☑ History Reference Center: "History Reference Center offers full text from more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 150 leading history periodicals, nearly 57,000 historical documents, more than 78,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 113,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video."
8. ☑ Science Reference Center: Science Reference Center is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
(all descriptions are direct quotes from EBSCO)