Questions to Ask Yourself about a Website
- Who wrote the page (author)? Qualifications? Reputation?
- Who is responsible for the page (publisher)?
- Is it a personal page?
- Is the information verifiable by other sources? The rule of thumb is that three sources that have the same information make it credible.
- Is there a bibliography?
- What is the author's point of view?
- Is there a statement of purpose or philosophy?
- Selling? Promoting? Venting?
- Where do related links lead to?
- What is implied but not said?
- What topics are covered?
- How in-depth is the material?
- How important is currency to your topic?
- How current are the links?